Hosted each July at the University of Colorado Boulder, this 25-month graduate school of banking delivers a relevant and challenging curriculum that deepens students' understanding of community banking.
In the Annual School Session, students take courses that are designed and regularly updated to tackle relevant topics in the community banking industry. Students attend three consecutive annual two-week sessions at CU Boulder, and have numerous opportunities to network with bankers from their states and across the country.
- Are recognized by bank management as rising stars in their organizations
- Engage in an all-encompassing curriculum that broadens industry knowledge
- Learn strategies to become effective leaders in their organizations
- Apply their knowledge and education through coursework and intersession research projects to create tangible, positive and long-term impacts on their organizations
- Engage among timely and relevant issues facing the banking industry today, providing them with tools and information to tackle these challenges and help lead their organizations
- Become life-long community bank leaders upon completion of GSBC
Career Tracks & Course Descriptions
GSBC’s curriculum transforms community bankers into community bank leaders by:
- Providing the essentials from which a solid education is built
- Building leaders who make differences in their banks and communities
- Fostering readiness by providing the tools to think critically and act innovatively
Intersession research projects and evening presentations focus on current issues affecting community banks and provide students with takeaways that can be immediately implemented to enhance organizational performance. Students complete six intersession projects total—three after year one and three after year two.Learn More
Admission & Fees
Do you have a Bachelor’s degree (or similar experience)? Have you worked at least three years in the banking industry or a closely-related field? These are just some of the qualifications our applicants must meet to be admitted to GSBC.
See what it takes to apply, including applicable tuition and fees for each year of attendance.Learn More
Facilities & Accommodations
Our school partners with the University of Colorado Boulder to offer students access to state-of-the-art classrooms. This partnership also provides GSBC students with access to other campus facilities like the recently revamped residence halls, apartments and dining facilities—all within walking distance of academic classrooms and Boulder’s renowned hiking trails.Learn More
Second Year Direct
Incoming students with significant banking education already under their belts may be admitted as second year students. See the full list of qualifications and qualifying state association banking schools.Learn More
MBA/MS Finance Credit
Following completion of GSBC course work, students may be able to qualify for MBA or MS Finance credit at partnering universities, including:
- Union College (Kentucky), MBA Credit
- University of Colorado Denver, MBA and MS Finance Credit
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, MBA Credit
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, MBA Credit
- University of South Carolina, Professional MBA Credit
Continuing Professional Education
Students can also count their work at GSBC toward Continuing Professional Education. GSBC is registered with the NASBA as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses.Learn More
Three scholarships are available through the GSBC Alumni Association and our co-sponsoring state banking associations.
- Alumni Association Scholarship
- Intermediate Banking School Scholarship
- Bolder Banking Scholarship
Our faculty members are nationally recognized bankers, consultants and academics who are leading experts in their fields. They bring real-life examples, case studies and unique models of technical instruction to facilitate a lively and open learning environment.
What People Are Saying
The peer group program was an outstanding success in my experience at GSBC. Through my three summers I have made some great networking contacts that I have already used, but the peer group connections turned out to be not just great colleagues but wonderful friends. The GSBC experience is all about learning and pushing you in directions you never thought you would go.
I recommend attending GSBC to anyone seeking a transformative and enriching educational experience. The collaborative atmosphere fosters invaluable networking opportunities, connecting me with industry peers and thought leaders. GSBC's emphasis on professional growth and leadership development combined with its picturesque campus, makes it an unrivaled destination for those committed to advancing their careers in banking.
I couldn’t have hoped for a better banking school experience than at GSBC. The opportunity to work through real world examples in class, network and participate in a holistic banking education that covered technology, leadership skills, loans, deposits, finances and more - all with a community-bank focus - gave me the boost I needed for my own professional growth.
Are you curious about what life is like at GSBC? Explore the on-campus amenities and networking opportunities, as well as a typical student schedule.Explore