Kohl, Krei, Musso & Hein Weigh In
Date & Format
- July 22, 2020, 1:30 p.m. MT, via Zoom Video Communications
- 1-Hour Panel Discussion
Each year during the first week of GSBC’s Annual School Session, the entire student body attends the much-anticipated faculty panel in the Wolf Law Courtroom.
This year, the panel is coming straight to your desktop. You’re invited to see economics experts discuss, debate and share insights on what could economically lie ahead for community banks.
Discussion Topics May Include:
- COVID-19 impact on bank delivery channels, industry credit worthiness and customer demand
- CRE Loan bubble
- Excess liquidity deployment (inverse of core contingency funding)
- How will COVID-19 change education/training in the short and long run and what will its impact be on recruitment/retention of talent?
- Impact of fiscal/monetary policy, short and long run implications to consumer, business, banking
- Length /depth of the recession, US and globally
- Level of loan modifications/forbearances
- Negative interest rates and banking
- The outlook for community bank stocks
- Qualitative easing – Yet again or never again!
- Reflections on the PPP and community banking
- The unintended consequences of expansionary monetary policy
About the Panelists
Click each panelist’s name to read their bios:
All community bankers could benefit from this in-depth, expert-led discussion.
GSBC’s Virtual Learning Series is being offered as a service to community banks experiencing unprecedented challenges amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. For more resources on how GSBC is keeping our constituents informed and connected, click here.