This course will provide the foundation to sharpen your traditional technology edge while leveraging today’s fintech offerings. Students will learn executable and practical strategies to “balance” these two technology environments to better serve the technology needs of their consumer and commercial clients. The first day of class will be divided into two sessions:
Session 1: “Leveraging your Current Technology Partnerships” – Key Learning Objectives:
- How “C-Level” engagement enriches the value of your current vendor relationships
- Should your bank be a “Beta”? What are the positives/negatives of this commitment?
- Getting the most out of vendor conferences – are they worth attending?
Session 2: “Leveraging Fintech Partnerships” – Key Learning Objectives:
- The language of fintech
- An overview of the current fintech environment
- How your bank can benefit by adding a fintech strategy
The second day of class will center around an exciting and interactive fintech panel discussion. We are fortunate to have some of the USA’s leading banking technology experts as our panelists:
- Mark Forbis, Former CTO of Jack Henry & Associates & Bank Board Member
- Wade Arnold, FinTech Trailblazer/Founder & Former CEO of Banno/Board Member of BILLGO
- Tom Kenning, CAO & Director at Alpine Bank
Annual School Session
Second/Third Year, Second Week Elective Course
General Management & Technology Track