A 3-Part Virtual Learning Series on Investments
Dates & Format
- 1 p.m. MST, May 14-May 28 (weekly on Thursdays)
- Live presentation (30 minutes), Q&A (30 minutes)
May 14: Investment Strategies for Uncertain Times
- Discuss the impact of recent events on market conditions
- When (and when not) to factor in interest rates when making investment decisions
- Taking a two-pronged perspective to investment portfolio management
- 3 key elements to developing an investment strategy (and 4 questions you must ask)
May 21: Sound Portfolio Tactics When Times Get Tough
- Investment tactics for the current environment and investment cycle
- The importance of structure in your portfolio (and when and why to favor certain structures)
- Using the bond portfolio as a balance sheet hedge
- How to structure your multiple investment portfolios for success
May 28: “Ask Us Anything”: Instructor Q & A
Speakers are faculty members of GSBC’s Community Bank Investments School.
- Tim Koch, Graduate School of Banking at Colorado
- Jason Mork, Piper Sandler & Co.
- Chris Nelson, Nelson Capital Advisors
CEOs, presidents, CFOs, investment officers, controllers/cashiers, bank regulators
GSBC’s Virtual Learning Series is being offered as a service to community banks experiencing unprecedented challenges amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. For more resources on how GSBC is keeping our constituents informed and connected, click here.