The Graduate School of Banking at Colorado (GSBC) completed another session of its exclusive C-suite school, the Executive Development Institute for Community Bankers® (EDI), on October 18, 2023.
The session marked the graduation of eight community bankers from the program. Pictured (L to R) are:
- Jacob Allacher, High Plains Bank (Flagler, CO)
- Gary Carney, First State Bank (Key West, FL)
- Lori Hall, Bank Independent (Sheffield, AL)
- Justin Burns, Heritage Community Bank, (Greeneville, TN)
- Juhl Erickson, Bank Midwest (Windom, MN)
- Devin Boyer, MidWestOne Bank (West Des Moines, IA)
- Jesse Robinson, Community State Bank (Royal Center, IN)
- Ricardo Perez, 1st Bank Yuma (Yuma, AZ)
Through a rigorous 19-month period, EDI prepares new or rising community bank executives to lead in an increasingly challenging economic environment and competitive financial services marketplace. Participants undergo a curriculum dually focused on leadership development and strategic financial management, resulting in measured improvements to individual leadership capabilities, organizational culture and bank performance.
“EDI is helping community banks develop their future executives in support of the bank’s succession plan,” said GSBC President Michael Stevens. “These bankers are well prepared to provide forward-thinking leadership for their banks, communities, employees and the industry.”
To graduate, participants complete three projects supportive of their banks’ strategic plans, including talent management, enterprise risk and profitability improvement. The results are presented to their peer-group-like cohorts of no more than 15 non-competing participants. Executive coaching and mentoring by community bank CEOs also serve the participants’ growth and development throughout.
GSBC is now enrolling Cohorts 12 and 13 to begin EDI in April and October 2024, respectively.