Updated: 10:40 a.m. MST, March 30, 2020

Dear Supporters,

As the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold, we at GSBC want to assure our students, alumni and supporters that we are closely considering the appropriate actions for each of our upcoming programs, and are planning accordingly to ensure the safety of our constituents and the general public.

Please find a brief update on the current status of our upcoming 2020 programs below:

Executive Development Institute for Community Bankers – New Date: October 18-21, 2020

Due to the importance of face-to-face interaction and peer group sharing in the Executive Development Institute for Community Bankers, along with consideration of the changes in participants’ bank operations we have decided to postpone sessions 7.1 and 6.3 to October 18-21, 2020.

Community Bank Investments School – Postponed: TBD

Like many other universities, the CU System which includes CU Denver and CU Boulder, has cancelled face-to-face classroom presentations and will be offering courses via online delivery until further notice. To offer the Community Bank Investments School effectively, we need access to CU Denver’s trading room with the Bloomberg terminals. We have thus decided to postpone the May 17-21 program until CU Denver re-opens its trading room.

70th Annual School Session & Community Bankers Summit – Unchanged & Open for Enrollment

Currently, plans for the 70th Annual School Session scheduled for July 19-31 and the Community Bankers Summit & Alumni Reunion scheduled for July 26-28 in Boulder, Colorado remain unchanged. We are in close contact with the CU Boulder and are proactively monitoring the situation. Should any changes be necessary for the safety and well-being of our students and faculty before July, we will let you know.

We are aware of the uncertainties and risks associated with planning for future travel, and do not want our students (potential or existing) to feel rushed to make a decision now on their plans for July. Therefore, GSBC has waived all cancellation fees for these programs until further notice. Rest assured, your decision to enroll in our programs now will not be penalized if you are not able to attend in July.

We hope you will confidently continue to plan for the development of your leaders in 2020 and wish you good health in the weeks to come. Please contact our office with any questions or concerns.


Timothy W. Koch