Refer Candidates/Participate in Gold Rush Referral Program
You can refer a candidate any time of year, but you can get paid to refer candidates by participating in the GSBC Gold Rush Referral Program. The program runs annually from November to February and offers referrers two tiers of awards. The ultimate award is $200 cash if your candidate enrolls in GSBC!
When Gold Rush isn’t happening, here’s some ideas on how to engage GSBC prospects:
- Think about who you already know who could benefit from the GSBC experience
- Provide them with GSBC literature on programs that interest them (provided to you upon signing up)
- Share your personal experiences of how GSBC positively impacted your career
- Encourage contacts to enroll or reach out to GSBC for more information
- If they do, be sure they name you on the form as who referred them!
- Follow up with them about their banking school plans the next time you see them
Represent GSBC at Industry Events
- Take some GSBC freebies and literature with you to the event to share with with prospects (let us know if you need some giveaways)
- Wear a GSBC logo apparel item like your Alumni jacket, lapel pin or something from GSBC’s Lands’ End Apparel Store
- Be on the lookout for bank decision makers or prospect-level bankers who might have an interest in GSBC
- GSBC does not expect you to hard-sell; it’s best to merely have a conversation!
- If you need some talking points, email GSBC
Engage on Social Media
Remember, to show GSBC you represented the school at your banking industry-related event, utilize #GSBCAmbassador and/or tag GSBC in your post.
- GSBC is on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Share photos of fellow GSBC alumni and/or prospective students when you’re out and about at industry events
- Want to spread the word from the comfort of your phone or desk? GSBC would appreciate a good Facebook review
Lean on Fellow Ambassadors, Alumni Advisors and GSBC Staff
You’re part of an outstanding network. If you need some more ideas or want to collaborate, Alumni Advisors and GSBC staff are at multiple banking industry events each year. Reach out to us!